IQ 90 credit diploma in health and social care
The 90 Credit IQ Level 3 Diploma in Principles of Health and Social Care is a knowledge only qualification aimed at the following:
- Individuals with an interest in health and social care
- Individuals who intend to work within a health and social care setting
- Individuals who are currently working within a health and social care setting
- Individuals unable to adhere to the demands of a competency based health and social care apprenticeship
The qualification content is applicable to a wide variety of health and social care job roles, including but not limited to; residential settings, primary care environments, day services, personal assistance and domiciliary services. It provides learners with formal recognition of their health and social care knowledge.
In the seven mandatory units, all learners will cover content general to the full range of health and social care career paths. The purpose behind this is to increase the possible breadth of knowledge application, post successful qualification attainment, thereby permitting the greatest degree of career flexibility without additional qualification requirements. The mandatory content includes health and social care facing principles of; Health, Safety and Infection Control, Person-Centred Care, Communication, Safeguarding and Duty of Care, Equality, Diversity and Rights, Teamwork and Multidisciplinary Working and Record Keeping.
The seven optional units provide learners with the opportunity to choose those areas relevant to their particular setting/area of interest, thereby tailoring the qualification to individual needs. The optional content includes health and social care facing principles of; Medication Handling and Awareness, Behaviour that Challenges and Positive Behavioural Support, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Caring for Autistic Spectrum Conditions, Learning Disability Care and Epilepsy Care.
70 credits must be achieved from all seven mandatory units
20 credits must be achieved from this group.
- Principles of Health, Safety and Infection Control in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Person-Centred Care in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Communication in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Safeguarding and Duty of Care in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Teamwork and Multidisciplinary Working in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Record Keeping within Health and Social Care
If you are 19 or over and looking to gain a Level 3 or higher qualification, you may qualify for one of the new 19+ Advanced Learning Loans.
To speak with an advisor or to enquire about any of our courses, please phone our London Office on +44 (0)20 7788 4007 or click below to contact us online.