Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF)
This qualification forms part of a new suite of Health and Social Care Diplomas which assess a learner’s competence (that is the skills, knowledge and understanding they have) within a work situation.
The qualification contains a wide range of optional units which will allow opportunity for competence to be demonstrated in a wide range of contexts. It is aimed at those whose work involves doing things for clients and supporting clients to do things for themselves in a wide range of settings.
Learners will usually be delivering care in support and under the direction of a colleague who is accountable in the area of practise. Each unit has been given a level and credit value and learners will, within the constraints of the specific rules of combination for the qualification, be able to combine units that reflect their job role.
There is an opportunity for learners to have specialist skills in the care of individuals with learning disabilities and dementia recognised through endorsed pathways.
The achievement of this qualification will meet the requirements of the workforce for this sector.
Group M: Mandatory units
Credits: 24 credits must be achieved from all nine mandatory units Group G1: Optional contexUspecialist knowledge units
Credits: a minimum of two credits and a maximum of seven credits. Free choice of units.
Group G2: Optional competence units Credits: at least 15 credits must be achieved. Generic qualification – free choice of units.
- Introduction to Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Introduction to Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Introduction to Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care The Role of the Health and Social-Care Worker
- Implement Person-Centred Approaches in Health and Social Care Contribute to Health and Safety in Health and Social Care
- Handle Information in Health and Social Care Settings
If you are 19 or over and looking to gain a Level 3 or higher qualification, you may qualify for one of the new 19+ Advanced Learning Loans.
To speak with an advisor or to enquire about any of our courses, please phone our London Office on +44 (0)20 7788 4007 or click below to contact us online.