Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF)
This qualification forms part of a new suite of Health and Social Care Diplomas which assess a learner’s competence (that is the skills, knowledge and understanding they have) within a work situation.
The qualification contains a wide range of optional units which will allow opportunity for competence to be demon strated in a wide range of contexts. It is aimed at those whose work involves doing things for clients and supporting clients to do things for themselves, in a wide range of settings.
Learners will usually be delivering care in support and under the direction of a colleague who is accountable in the area of practise. Each unit has been given a level and credit value and learners will, within the constraints of the specific rules of combination for the qualifci ation, be able to combine units that reflect their job role.
There is an opportunity for learners to have specialist skills in the care of individuals with learning disabilities and dementia recognised through endorsed pathways.
The achievement of this qualification will meet the requirements of the workforce for this sector.
This qualification is within the Diploma range of credit.
Learners must achieve a minimum of 58 credits to gain the Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England. To do this they must achieve:
- 28 credits from the mandatory units
- a minimum of two credits and a maximum of seven credits from the optional knowledge/specialist context units
- a minimum of 23 credits from the optional competence units
- Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Promote Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Principles for Implementing Duty of Care in Health, Social Care Or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care The Role of The Health and Social Care Worker
- Promote Person Centred Approaches in Health and Social Care Promote and Implement Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Promote Good Practice in Handling Information in Health and Social Care Settings
If you are 19 or over and looking to gain a Level 3 or higher qualification, you may qualify for one of the new 19+ Advanced Learning Loans.
To speak with an advisor or to enquire about any of our courses, please phone our London Office on +44 (0)20 7788 4007 or click below to contact us online.